A blog dedicated to capturing memories

Thursday, February 9, 2012

I have the privilege to meet with some amazing women at our church every wednesday night.  I love the time that we spend together.  Last night the question was raised "are there areas in your life where you are asking God to reveal what He has for you?".  I was like of course!  I struggle everyday with not feeling like i am doing anything with my life.   I haven't gone to college yet and do not have the career i thought i would.  So i often busy myself with things that make me feel like i have accomplished something, like fixing up the house.  But then i take a step back and realize that maybe this is where i am supposed to be and if there something else God has planned for me he will reveal it to me when it is time.  Don't get me wrong though.  I LOVE being a mom, but often short the people in my life because I am such a busy person by nature.  I hate to be still.  I feel like I have to constantly be doing something.  It is not an excuse.  I need to prioritize my life.   I do spend time with my children but there is always room for improvement.  As i was sitting here working this morning.  I thought what do i want in life???  I want a great relationship with God my family and friends.  Relationships will always be there as all these earthly things come and go.  I want to invest my time in the people that are important to me.  So my goal is to invest more time in my relationships than doing things that make me feel like i am accomplishing something.  I think back to the days of when me and my husband first got married.  Which was only 8 years ago.  When we had no money and not many distractions.  My highlights were playing outside with my daughter and step son whom i absolutely did everything with.  Spending time with family and friends was what i looked forward to.

It is time to make the best investment i can.  This doesn't mean that I am not going to do things that i enjoy.  But i just don't want to regret not being the wife, mom and friend that i need to be.

2 comments:

  1. Hello!! I found you through the Wipperberry Friday Flair Links. I loved the post on the growth chart, but this post spoke to my heart!! Thanks for posting it!! I am really enjoying my visit here and will definitely be back soon! Thanks for being a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! It's always nice to know someone can relate :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.