A blog dedicated to capturing memories

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I have been working on this for several weeks now.  I haven't been working on it very consistently but finally finished it!  Feels good to check it off my list.

I was given some pallets and have many ideas for what i want to do with them but this is one that i knew i could do on my own.  I never could have imagined what a pain pallets are!  They are impossible to take apart if you want to use individual boards.  I had to use a saw and cut them apart.  BUT... it was worth it!  It was a great workout for my arms... so kinda like killing two birds with one stone.  My husband says he has never seen anyone work so hard for home decor... like out of breath, sweating about to pass out kind of work!  I am sure that there are many that work harder than me at it.  I just don't like to wait on anyone for help.  When i want something done, i get it done no matter what i have to do.  Unfortunately that leads to some not so great outcomes :/  I am an impatient gal!

Anyways, i have seen several different versions online of people using pallet wood to make floor to ceiling signs.  This is the direction i went with it.

(wow that is a blurry pic :/ yikes)

I used different sayings or words to describe what "LOVE" should mean to a family.  I wish i would have just put "Love is..." at the top then i wouldn't have had to use "is..." so many times.  But i had some words or sayings i wanted to use that didn't need an "is".  Hey you live and you learn.  I love it besides that!










I am the first to admit that i need a daily reminder to be patient, forgive, nurture... and so on!  It is at the end of the hallway so there is no way i can miss it.

Linking up with:

2 comments:

  1. Very cute wall decor....i have seen so many cute ideas made from pallets......enjoyed your blog and just became a follower...would love to have you visit my blog.... Pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com
    Found you at my daughter's blog site, Trendy Treehouse.
    Have a great evening, NeeCee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this!!! Great job :). May i ask how you did the lettering? Also, for the rustic look, did you first paint wood in darker color before a lighter color then do a littlecsanding to be able to see a little of the darker color show through? Thank you so very much for any help you could provide :). My email is: cruse54321@yahoo.com. Sincerely, Kelsi. (Im really hoping to make one for my wedding gift to my husband to be) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.