A blog dedicated to capturing memories

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I am so excited to start this blog!  I have been wanting to start one for while!  Here i go!  I have so many things to share and cant wait to get started!

I am always eager for the weekend to come so i can try and tackle some of the projects that i have thought up in my scattered brain throughout the week.  (I am not the most organized person you will ever meet)  So when the weekend finally comes i hurry and get all the cleaning done that i can (i am actually kind of a clean freak, well as much as you can be with 4 kids)  and get busy!   Today i finished painting my 2 year old's room.  I originally painted it a hideous peach color when we moved in this summer.  It looked like a grandma room that hadn't been painted in forever!  I was going for an orange sherbet color that i had pulled from the center of a flower in the paintings that i have in her room.  But i apparently didn't do a good job matching the color... cause it looked nothing like it!  So i decided to go in another direction.  I try to be as cost effective as i can so i pulled all of the paint cans that i had around the house to see if i could just paint it one of the colors i had until i could figure exactly what i wanted to do.  I didn't really have anything that i thought would look ok so i decided to do a little mixing and see what i could come up with and am way excited with the outcome!  I mixed a bright purple i with cream and a grey color.  I have alot of grey tones throughout my house so it is just perfect!  This is what it turned out to be:


Then i added an accent wall in a cream color and plan on making paper flowers like these flowers to add some color to the wall.  That will have to be another weekend project!



I can't wait to get it all decorated and finished!

2 comments:

  1. Jenalee,
    I like the new color and your creativity! All those years of growing up on a tight budget paid off after all!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.