A blog dedicated to capturing memories

Sunday, January 29, 2012

My parents came to visit us this weekend and we had such a great time!  Time always flies to quickly!  They left after church this morning.  So i took the afternoon to read!  What?!?! That makes for a second day in a row!  Yesterday me and my mom read while the kids played outside in the snow with food coloring.  I filled water bottles up with colored water and they went out and had a blast coloring the snow!  I had to "test" it first and kinda didn't want to stop!  We are all just big kids right??  Anyways... Cici my 22 mo old fell asleep in my bed and everytime i moved to get up she woke up so i had to sit there and just read... darn!  But i was feeling the need to be creative this afternoon and had a piece of molding that i bought at a flee market for $5!  I have been wanting to do something to it for a while.  It use to say welcome on it and sat on our front porch but all the neighbor kids would pick the paint off when they came over or waited for us to answer the door :/  It didn't say "welcome" anymore so i just had it shoved away in the garage.  But i had a thought today and i am the type that when i think it i have to do it right away... i am very impatient!

The local flea market that i love to visit has a huge tub of these or 5 or 6 bucks a piece!  I need to get some more!


I just sanded it down and applied the white stain that i created for the wash basin table.


Then i painted a heart in the middle and let it dry.



Once it dried i sanded down the heart so you could barely see it and then applied a light layer of the white stain over the heart.  And this is how it turned out.

You are probably wondering why i have empty baskets on my wall... there will be plants in them soon!






1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely vignette! The baseboard piece came out lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.