A blog dedicated to capturing memories

Saturday, March 17, 2012

i woke up this morning with a plan of attack.  I had two things on the agenda.   1) clean house 2) clean out flower bed.  Got the first one done no problem.  The second not so much.  We had an issue with snakes last fall but after we noticed them it cooled down enough that we didn't see them the rest of the winter.  They made an appearance today.  I was on a roll and thought for sure i would get the whole thing cleaned and ready for planting until the first one came out.  I really HATE snakes and once i see one i can't get past it so i decided i was going to get rid of the problem... or try and convince my son to.  I told Syler to go get the shovel and all he had to do was chop it in half.   He was excited until it came time to do it so i grabbed it without giving it any thought and chopped down on the snake.... it was the grossest thing i have EVER done.  I can't kill a bug because of the crunch.  I had to run away because i was gagging so much.  I literally had shivers from being so grossed out.  And i didn't even kill it.  I just gave it a little cut.  But it couldn't really move that well anymore so then i had to figure out how to get rid of it.  Syler was intrigued by this point and raked it into the ditch.  Then Chasley came out to see what we were doing and she started to freak out because she is part of a "nature club" that her and her friends made up and they are not supposed to kill any wildlife.  Way to make me feel HORRIBLE!   But i wasn't going to give up and decided to work on the flower bed again.  But right away saw another snake!  Seriously.  We have a tree in our front yard that they have made a home under so we walked over to see if there were any and there was a bunch.  We need to fix this problem and soon.  I CANNOT handle them and can hardly go in the grass out of fear that i might step on one.  Ok i can't talk about it anymore, i noticed i am making faces just writing about it.

Let's talk about something pleasant.  I am so excited about this outfit that i ordered on Etsy for Cici's 2 year photos.


I ordered it from Avry Couture Creations on Etsy but i just tried to go to her shop on etsy and it is no longer on there.  Bummer!

2 comments:

  1. Hello this is Devon from Avry Couture Creations..I am still there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also afraid of snakes.....but it made me sad to read this narrative.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.