A blog dedicated to capturing memories

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chasley came running in the house on Tuesday very excited to announce that tulips were peaking out of the ground.  I was so excited I ran out of the front door in the rain (with white socks on which is a huge pet peeve of mine... and I am always scolding the kids for this... shame on myself!) to see our little sprouts!  I was so excited that i decided to break out my spring wreath... well not really a wreath, it is a big paper flower.  Only to find a very sad surprise when we woke up the next morning to horrendous wind and wet snow/sleet.  I guess i was a little premature in my excitement for spring.  A girl can dream right??   I didn't let the snow stop me though.  I broke out some more spring decor today.  The sun did show it's sweet little face today, even if only for a few brief moments here and there, it made me feel like there is still hope.

I worked in the office today and went over to our gift shop today during a break and spotted a very cute display board for kids artwork.  I am only 5'1 and it was on the top shelf so i couldn't see the price.  I decided not to worry about.  But now it is all I can think about!  I have been scouring the internet for it but cannot find it anywhere!  It will drive me crazy until I find out if I can get one somewhere else or find out if they will get anymore in.  They only had one so I am sure it will be gone the next time I go in.  I would attempt to make one but it was perfect and I know I wouldn't be satisfied.  Maybe I will just call in the morning.  That would eliminate all this dumb worry right?  So I will stop talking about it now.

I haven't been on here for a while...  not because I haven't wanted to, I have just been so busy catering to my sick kids.  Seriously how many viral infections are going to go through our house??  Another reason I am ready for spring.  Let's open up these windows and get the germs out!  We like to share at our house :)  HOWEVER, I do not do that good on a couple hours of sleep.  What kind of infection makes it so you can't sleep and have a fever but no other symptoms??

Hmmm... what else have I been up to?  Well I constructed a pinewood derby car (all by myself).  We definitely didn't win, or come close.  But I can say that I have made one.  You could tell that all the other cars had some manly influence, but ours was decked out with cute swirly girly designs... I have never been much of tomboy.  I don't know how to do "boyish" so much, but I probably could have tried a little harder. The kids surprisingly didn't want much to do with it.  So it was all me.  And my better half was out of town.  Next time for Syler's sake i will try harder to make it look like a race car.  He was sick so he didn't really get to enjoy the whole experience.  Next year ya'll better watch out cause we will be stepping up our game!  That's right!!

My baby brother (well the oldest of my "babies") is in town.  He is working at a national wrestling tourny.  I was able to stop by (with some much enjoyed Starbucks) and see him for a while.  I seriously LOVE my family and wish that I could see them more often.

I think I have rambled enough for one sitting... now off to bed with a horribly cranky soon to be 2 year old.  I just adore getting to share a bed with someone who kicks me all night and pushes me off the side of the bed.  She likes her feet on her dad and her head on me.  Often changing positions and slapping, pushing and crying throughout the night.  It is going to be one enjoyable night of sleep :"(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.